Hydrated Lime (or calcium hydroxide, or slaked lime) is usually a dry powder resulting from the controlled slaking of quicklime with water. The exothermic or released heat of reaction is captured and used to evaporate the excess slaking water.
Chemical formula: Ca(OH)2
Chemical composition of Hydrated Lime available in each grade.
Hydrated Lime having higher percentage of Calcium Hydroxide ( 90%) over low grade (65% Purity) Hydrated Lime
- Reduced reaction time: The rate of chemical reaction depends upon the degree of purity of the Chemical being used. Higher the purity, lesser would be the reaction time.
- Reduced consumption: By Quantitative Analysis it is established that 1 mt. of 90% grade Hydrated Lime is equivalent to 1.378 mt. of 65% purity Grade. Thus there is a reduction of 37.8% in consumption.
- Reduced handling cost ETC: By using this high purity material, handling charges inclusive manpower can be reduced by 37% due to reduction in consumption. This is a direct saving in labour cost by the same proportion.
- Reduced transportation cost: Total transportation cost for carrying Low Grade (65% Purity) Hydrated Lime = Cost of Carrying 65% Pure material Cost of Carrying 35% impure material. Total transportation Cost for carrying High Grade (90% Purity) Hydrated Lime = Cost of carrying 90 % Pure material Cost of carrying 10% impure material. Thus it's clear that with same transportation Cost 25% more pure material/utilizable material can be transported.
- Less storage space: As there will be reduction in consumption, less Godown space would be required for storage purpose, there by, reducing storage problem & Inventory cost.
- Minimized disposal problem: Due to less consumption less sludge would be generated, resulting in reduced disposal cost.
- Minimum Order Quantity: 300 Metric Ton